Slow Cooker Tapioca Pudding Recipe
Minute Tapioca is available at most grocery stores; small tapioca pearls are available at Asian grocery stores; they come in both white and colored. If using the small pearls, it will take a bit longer to cook and the tapioca balls will be a bit bigger than when using Minute Tapioca. Either one works well in this recipe.
6 cups whole milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup small pearl tapioca or Minute Tapioca
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pour the milk into a 4-6 quart slow cooker; stir in the sugar, tapioca, and salt.
- Cover, set the slow cooker to high, and let cook 2-2 1/2 hours or until thickened. Stir once or twice if it is convenient, and scrape the sides.
- Whizz the eggs and vanilla in a bullet blender or whisk well.
- Add a few tablespoons of the tapioca mixture into the eggs to warm.
- Whisk the warm egg mixture into the tapioca mixture.
- Cover the slow cooker and continue cooking for 30-45 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the whipping cream and serve warm or cold plain or with whipped cream and/or fruit. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 81
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 35% Protein 10% Carb. 55%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 83 mg
Sodium 130 mg
Total Carbohydrate 31 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 17 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.