Coconut Chocolate Chippers Recipe
This is a great recipe to make when you want to fill up the cookie jar (it makes 5 dozen). That is, if there are any left after they cool down. This recipe is a keeper and a good one to add to your chocolate chip cookie repertoire.
About 5 dozen cookies
3/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 cups flaked coconut
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (preferably high in cacao and highest quality for the best flavor)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cream the shortening, butter, and sugars until light.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, and salt into a fine strainer set over the shortening mixture and shake through.
- Mix on low speed until thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir in the coconut and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment or Silpat lined baking sheets.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until golden,
- Transfer to cooling racks and when cool, store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 120 Calories from Fat 61
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 51% Protein 2% Carb. 47%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
Sodium 88 mg
Total Carbohydrate 14 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.