Susan Duke's Chocolate Cherry Cake Recipe
1 16.25 ounce chocolate fudge cake mix, (without pudding), or double or triple fudge, or Devil’s food
1 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
2 slightly beaten eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract
5 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13" x 9" metal baking pan (glass doesn't work as well) with non-stick spray, line with parchment, and spray the parchment.
- Place the cake mix and cherry pie filling in a mixing bowl and mix by hand; stir in the beaten eggs and almond extract. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the cake is set in the middle and begins to pull away from the sides. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting: melt the butter in a saucepan, add the milk and sugar. Bring to a boil and let boil one minute until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour over the warm cake and spread evenly. Let the cake cool before cutting into squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 95
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 30% Protein 2% Carb. 67%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 39 mg
Sodium 242 mg
Total Carbohydrate 53 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 25 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.